Fieldwork Opportunities - Bay Area
In the San Francisco Bay Area, Seneca provides in-depth fieldwork placement and training opportunities for MSW interns, MFT trainees and PsyD interns currently enrolled in a graduate level program.
Graduate students at Seneca experience:
- An intensive orientation to Seneca’s population served, values, philosophy, and practice at the beginning of their fieldwork placement.
- An opportunity to conduct fieldwork in a variety of programs.
- Training and supervision focused on the Seneca treatment model.
- Training and Mini Grand Rounds presented on a wide range of topics applicable to working with children and their families.
- Weekly supervision provided by a Seneca Clinician with an appropriate degree or license.
- Weekly group supervision when applicable to the student’s fieldwork agreement.
- Opportunity to conduct case presentations with direct feedback from Seneca’s Clinical Director and senior Clinicians.
- An opportunity to receive a stipend.
Time Commitment and Stipend Payment Policy - Bay Area Programs
In order to establish therapeutic relationships with our youth and families, we require a nine to ten month commitment from all students; beginning in the Fall of each year and continuing through to the Spring of the following year. Please note we do not offer Summer fieldwork placements for non-Seneca employees.
MSW interns or MFT trainees in placement 16 hours per week receive a stipend of $3,000. The stipend for second year MSW interns or MFT trainees in placement 24 hours per week is $5,000. Fieldwork students who complete both of their internships with Seneca may receive a stipend of $7,000 their second year. Please note: Receipts for educational expenses are required for the full amount of your stipend..
Who should apply?
The training settings we offer are most appropriate for advanced students who already have some exposure to clinical populations and direct work with clients. You must be currently enrolled in a clinical graduate program with one of our partnering universities to qualify to apply. Please note: Fieldwork placements do not automatically lead to employment at Seneca.
Note for Post Graduate MFTIs and MSW/ASWs:
As a post graduate MSW (ASW) or MFT (MFTi) you are not eligible for our graduate fieldwork program, but you may qualify for any of the Clinician/Therapist positions at Seneca. As an employee, Seneca will assist you in gaining your hours, trainings, as well as supervision and support, as you move towards licensure. For more information about applying for a Clinical position with Seneca, please go to Employment Opportunities.